Empty properties often fall victim to damage and mistreatment from vandals or criminals. If you are a property owner and have a vacant property, be it residential or commercial, it may require some form of security. There are basic deterrents that can be put into place to help provide you with property security and peace of mind.
Is Securing A Void Property Necessary?
It may seem somewhat wasteful to invest in vacant property security. However, there are several reasons why property protection is important. These include;
- It helps to reduce criminal activity such as arson, theft and/or vandalism
- It prepares the property to be re-occupied or to go onto the property market
- Helps maintain the community market value by remaining in a good condition
- Will be a lower insurance risk
- Saving you money from any damage that could occur if security solutions weren’t put in place.
Monitor The Property 24 Hours a Day
If you are concerned about your vacant property’s protection, CCTV Monitoring may be a helpful technology tool for you. Whether it is a large construction site or a small home, your asset matters. CCTV can help protect your property around the clock and potentially prevent a serious crime. Not only does it visually deter individuals from the property in general, but if a criminal tries anything, they can catch them in the act.
CCTV Monitoring allows you to do various things. These include;
- Consistent monitoring of footage, both past and live to assess risks
- Identifying risks and reacting appropriately
- Communicate with individuals at the property over the inbuild tannoy system
- Contact the emergency services to deal with issues
- Dispatch a 24-hour response team if required
Adding a Security Dog’s Touch
As well as regular manned guarding services, our K9 Security Dog Team can help if your asset requires extra assistance. Particularly if you have a large space to monitor, dogs can sense intruders from 300m away. This makes them the perfect security solution to ensure your property comes to no disturbance.
We can assist in arranging correct signage to comply with the relevant authorities and supply dogs and dog handlers that are experienced and ready for the job.
Contact us today
Whether your property is vacant for a long period of time or a few weeks, its safety should still be of great importance. As an empty property won’t be at the forefront of your mind, let it be a focus of ours by outsourcing your security needs to Stok K9 Security.
If you’re interested in learning more about how we can help you and the available options, feel free to give us a call on 0800 002 5671 today. We can work with you to learn about the risks posed to your property and your budget and create a bespoke plan tailored to your needs.
If you have any questions about our vacant property security systems, please get in touch – we’d be more than happy to help.