Empty properties are at a greater risk of damage from vandals and criminals. Suppose you are a property owner and have a vacant property, whether residential or commercial. In that case, it may require some form of security. Our years of experience securing an empty property has taught us primary deterrents that can be put in place to provide property security and peace of mind.
Is Securing A Void Property Necessary?
It may seem pointless to invest in vacant property security. However, multiple reasons explain why property protection is essential.
- Helps reduce criminal activity: Having a visible presence within the property deters potential criminals from viewing it as a target. It reduces the potential risk of illegal activity like arson, theft or vandalism.
- Prepares the property to be re-occupied: When a property is not lived in for an extended period, it can cause damage to the internal heating or electric works that go unused. Using vacant property security services prevents these issues from occurring or going unnoticed.
- Helps maintain the community market value by remaining in a good condition
- Maintains the community market value: Using property security services on vacant properties helps with the upkeep of the property. It’s cost-effective to keep the property in good condition to increase market value when it’s time to be re-occupied.
- Lower insurance risk: The presence of security officers in a vacant property helps reduce insurance premiums as they are seen as less at risk of being burgled or vandalised.
- Prevents damage costs in the future: Having a force there to control any criminal activity quickly reduces the risk of it getting out of hand and increased costs occurring. It’s the best preventative method to ensure safety.
Monitor The Property 24 Hours a Day
If you are concerned about your vacant property’s protection, CCTV Monitoring may be a helpful technology tool for you. Whether it is a large construction site or a small home, your asset matters. CCTV can help protect your property around the clock and potentially prevent a serious crime. Not only does it visually deter individuals from the property in general, but if a criminal tries anything, they can catch them in the act.
CCTV Monitoring allows you to do various things. These include;
- Consistent monitoring of footage, both past and live to assess risks
- Identifying risks and reacting appropriately
- Communicate with individuals at the property over the inbuild tannoy system
- Contact the emergency services to deal with issues
- Dispatch a 24-hour response team if required
Adding a Security Dog’s Touch
As well as regular manned guarding services, our K9 Security Dog Team can help if your asset requires extra assistance. Particularly if you have a large space to monitor, dogs can sense intruders from 300m away. This makes them the perfect security solution to ensure your property comes to no disturbance.
We can assist in arranging correct signage to comply with the relevant authorities and supply dogs and dog handlers that are experienced and ready for the job.
Our security dogs and handlers undergo a strict training programme to ensure they’re operating under the UK’s highest standard of dog and handler training, 8517-1. The training programme also meets the criteria and is recognised by the following professional standards institutions:
- National Association of Security Dog Users (NASDU)
- National Training Inspectorate for Professional Dog Users (NTIPDU)
- British Institute for Professional Dog Trainers (BIPDT)
Why Choose Stok K9 Security Services?
- Understanding your requirements: we spend time understanding each customer’s individual needs, ensuring we provide a service that protects their interests.
- Carefully analysing risk: we take time to develop and understand the risk assessments that underpin the security specification (where customers wish us to). This ensures we can counter threats most effectively.
- Working to the highest standards: we operate to stringent standards. Our dogs and their handlers are trained to the highest standards.
- A proactive solution: we provide leadership, communication, and supervision above the security industry’s typical.
- A customer-focused approach: we hold regular review meetings with customers to ensure service provision remains fit for purpose, adapting the service to suit changing circumstances (e.g., changing assets, changing threats, and changing budget constraints).
Contact us today
Whether your property is vacant for a long time or a few weeks, its safety should still be of great importance. As an empty property won’t be at the forefront of your mind, let it be a focus of ours by outsourcing your security needs to Stok K9 Security.
If you’re interested in learning more about how we can help you and the available options, feel free to give us a call on 0800 002 5671 today. We can work with you to learn about the risks posed to your property and your budget and create a bespoke plan tailored to your needs.
If you have any questions about our vacant property security systems, please get in touch – we’d be more than happy to help.